Friday, March 14, 2014

Email Scam Dr. Lamine Buka Bature from Nigeria





This letter is a letter that a fraud email sent by a man who describes himself is Dr. Lamine Buka Bature of Nigeria as the head of the Directorate of Petroleum and Pipeline Marketing (DPPM) and here's the letter:



Name    : Dr. Lamine Buka Bature
Country : Nigeria
Dated    : Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Email     : lbbuka@yahoo.it
Subject  : Waiting for Information


Dear Sir,
Thanks for your prompt response.
I hope you fully understood the content of my first email. I assure you this is not anything like scam.

I accumulated this US$23.8Mil by under-invoicing the quantity of petroleum we supplied to customers over time; the proceeds from these excess supplies are what I accumulated overtime to make up this US$23.8million which is currently in our account with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

With your reliable cooperation now, I would present your account to the bank and instruct them to transfer the fund into your account; as contract money we (DPPM) owe you.
On your part; you don’t need to come to Nigeria or to appear before any office. I would take care of the whole procedure. Your job would only receive and acknowledge emails and documents.

I am the head of the Directorate of Petroleum and Pipeline Marketing, (DPPM) Nigeria, and we operate directly under the Presidency, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
So you can understand I have strong and deep root in government which guarantees that I can pull the necessary strings to enable this business to be completed as quickly and safely as possible.

Once again, below are the items I need from you, and the step by step procedure of this business:
STEP ONE: You have to send me the following information/items:
1. Your full name
2. Your company’s name and address
3. The photocopy of your valid international passport.
4. Your cell phone number for unrestricted access to you.

STEP TWO: I wound move action to secure the necessary backdated contract documents.
Then I would issue a written instruction to the bank that you are one of our registered contractors, and that they should transfer the US$23.8million to your account, being payment for a contract job you did for us (DPPM).

STEP THREE: I would give copies of the backdated contract documents to an attorney, who would file the documents and an application with the bank asking for the fund to be released.  That is the standard legal procedure to apply for release of overdue contract payments.
And within 10 working days, the bank would finish the processing and transfer of the fund into your account.

STEP FOUR: For the safety of my own share; I would come over to your country immediately after the bank initiates the transfer so that I would be with you when the fund hits your account within the next three banking days.  We settle according to our agreed percentage, and begin further negotiation for the long term investments I plan to make in your country.

Once again, be assured of the safety and success of this transaction, as I am positioned to pull the necessary strings to ensure absolute and timely success.
I look forward to a healthy business relationship with you.

Yours sincerely,
Dr. L.B. Bature (Tel/Fax: +448458601036 +448458600993)

DPPM /International Petroleum Exchange (IPE)
Milton Gate, 60 Chiswell Street,
London, United Kingdom, EC1Y 4SA

14/03/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Thank you for reading my blog, please leave a comment"